Thursday 13 September 2018

Rectangular Elements

Figure 1- Nkabinde, M., (2018). Silver with glass beads elements.

These are silver and melted glass beads elements I was planning to use for the Jewellex Competition themed: Retro. This was the first piece I made for my b-tech that didn't work out, I had used a thicker plate for the imprints which made it very difficult for the beads to melt. I also noticed that the actual rectangular shape of the element was not working for this particular technique because the beads wouldn't stay in place and they started cracking when i was joining the two pieces together to from that three dimensional form. I had been working with two different colour arrangement but I chose the one in figure 1 because I thought it dominated more then the other one.
What I learnt from this project is that you can't apply the same technique to different shapes because they differ in reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment